OCHS Member Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Copperhead Range Map

2 posters

Go down

Copperhead Range Map Empty Copperhead Range Map

Post  tandy Mon May 23, 2011 4:42 pm

I noticed in the new OK field guide that the copperhead's range has been expanded in the SW and also in Major county which is just south of us. I am curious to see if anyone here helped document the expansion? Too cool.
Tandy
tandy
tandy

Back to top Go down

Copperhead Range Map Empty Re: Copperhead Range Map

Post  tandy Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:33 pm

Bump.

Tandy
tandy
tandy

Back to top Go down

Post  okherp Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:44 pm

After speaking with Greg Seivert on multiple occasions about range extensions, it seems that the newer range maps are the result of documented museum specimens, and not generalized habitat types (like the older version). Although there is still not a documented specimen of a cottonmouth for Marshall County.

Anyway, I will be helping Greg Seivert on the next field guide, since I have already turned in voucher specimens for range extensions of 3 species in 2 counties. Plus we now have a totally new species salamander in SE Oklahoma vouchered since the last printing. This is going to be exciting!! I'm going to work extra hard next spring to get a crawfish frog for Seminole County, which is literally just across the road from me and I have them. Who knows what this next year holds!?!
okherp
okherp

http://www.okherp.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down