OCHS Member Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New drawing

+5
sbender99
Zak
Snakeman
Cameron
snakefreak
9 posters

Go down

New drawing Empty New drawing

Post  snakefreak Thu May 12, 2011 12:48 pm

Now that it is summer for me, and I finally have some free time, I started a drawing of a Red Tailed Green Rat Snake!

So, here is the finished product:
New drawing Art01810

Here it is before I added color:
New drawing Art00110

I should have more artwork to show throughout this summer! Next I am thinking I will draw/paint a mangrove snake, but I am having trouble deciding! lol
snakefreak
snakefreak

Back to top Go down

New drawing Empty Re: New drawing

Post  Cameron Thu May 12, 2011 12:49 pm

looks great man!
Cameron
Cameron

http://www.redearthexotics.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Snakeman Thu May 12, 2011 12:50 pm

Really nice work Cameron.
Snakeman
Snakeman

Back to top Go down

Post  snakefreak Thu May 12, 2011 12:57 pm

Thanks guys! Very Happy
snakefreak
snakefreak

Back to top Go down

Post  Zak Thu May 12, 2011 1:08 pm

Looks great cameron. Very talented.
Zak
Zak

Back to top Go down

Post  sbender99 Thu May 12, 2011 1:21 pm

Man you should bring those to the kids camp and have a booth just for reptile art. Drawings and paintings of reptiles, even photography, should be encouraged. I just thought of another thing...field herping isn't really represented at the camp....or maybe it is with the display of OK native animals?
sbender99
sbender99

http://www.ballpythoncafe.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Snakeman Thu May 12, 2011 2:54 pm

I think Tandy and Johnny both cover a little field herping, but I'm not sure.
Snakeman
Snakeman

Back to top Go down

Post  Spider Woman Sat May 14, 2011 7:39 pm

That is very nice. When I draw or paint I have to have something to look at. Are you one of those insainly talented people that can just start drawing without looking at something? With just your imagination? Or do you usually have a photo or something to go by?

Spider Woman

Back to top Go down

Post  snakefreak Sat May 14, 2011 11:34 pm

Spider Woman wrote:That is very nice. When I draw or paint I have to have something to look at. Are you one of those insainly talented people that can just start drawing without looking at something? With just your imagination? Or do you usually have a photo or something to go by?
Thanks! No, I can't do that with most types of drawings/paintings. For instance I there is no way that I would be able to draw the individual scales correctly without looking at a photo. But I guess I can draw stuff up out of my imagination when it is completely made up stuff (for example, dragons). Do you draw/paint very often? I just do when I get some free time, and when I feel in the mood to draw or paint.
snakefreak
snakefreak

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyds Sun May 15, 2011 1:48 pm

This is AMAZING Cameron!!
Lyds
Lyds

Back to top Go down

Post  Spider Woman Sun May 15, 2011 7:57 pm

snakefreak wrote:
Spider Woman wrote:That is very nice. When I draw or paint I have to have something to look at. Are you one of those insainly talented people that can just start drawing without looking at something? With just your imagination? Or do you usually have a photo or something to go by?
Thanks! No, I can't do that with most types of drawings/paintings. For instance I there is no way that I would be able to draw the individual scales correctly without looking at a photo. But I guess I can draw stuff up out of my imagination when it is completely made up stuff (for example, dragons). Do you draw/paint very often? I just do when I get some free time, and when I feel in the mood to draw or paint.

Ya, I have to have some sort of picture to go off of. I very seldom do anymore. Between work and kids, even though one is nineteen and in college and the other in high schoot. Most of my stuff was in high school and occasionally here and there through out the years. One of my favorate is pen and ink. The old style with the quill pen and ink bottle. I did do a dragon for an assignment one time. I have a pic of it but I don't know where the orig is to take one with my digital camera to show you. I'll have to check. My fav. is a panther head that I stayed up all night doing one time with the pen and ink when I was a teenager. I would love to pick it back up. I have to be in the mood or I suck! If I'm made to do something you can forget it!!!! And I can not do it unless I can look at something. Im not that talented. But boy there was some awsome artist in my class (many moons ago). The only thing about art in school is they don't teach you anything. Our teacher mostly let me do what I wanted but no real teaching about brush strokes, types of brushes, or anything like that. After this long I probably need to take art 101, ha ha. I actually started drawing horses before I can remember and I thought I was going to DIE when I got into elementary school and was made to draw something else. I thought the world was going to end!!! Rolling Eyes

Spider Woman

Back to top Go down

Post  snakefreak Tue May 17, 2011 8:27 pm

Spider Woman wrote:Ya, I have to have some sort of picture to go off of. I very seldom do anymore. Between work and kids, even though one is nineteen and in college and the other in high schoot. Most of my stuff was in high school and occasionally here and there through out the years. One of my favorate is pen and ink. The old style with the quill pen and ink bottle. I did do a dragon for an assignment one time. I have a pic of it but I don't know where the orig is to take one with my digital camera to show you. I'll have to check. My fav. is a panther head that I stayed up all night doing one time with the pen and ink when I was a teenager. I would love to pick it back up. I have to be in the mood or I suck! If I'm made to do something you can forget it!!!! And I can not do it unless I can look at something. Im not that talented. But boy there was some awsome artist in my class (many moons ago). The only thing about art in school is they don't teach you anything. Our teacher mostly let me do what I wanted but no real teaching about brush strokes, types of brushes, or anything like that. After this long I probably need to take art 101, ha ha. I actually started drawing horses before I can remember and I thought I was going to DIE when I got into elementary school and was made to draw something else. I thought the world was going to end!!! Rolling Eyes
Oh, that is cool! When I was younger I always wanted to be an artist, but then I kinda quit drawing for several years. Then in high school I began to draw a bit more again, as I had various art classes. Haha! Yes, I have stayed up all night to work on a drawing before as well! When I just get in the drawing kind of mood I will go all out with it! Oh, and I used to only would draw dinosaurs and dragons, and I hated that I had to draw self portraits and other stuff at first! lol
snakefreak
snakefreak

Back to top Go down

Post  Spider Woman Tue May 17, 2011 8:39 pm

Ya, If I start something I want to finish it right then, even if it took hours. Thats one thing I hated about class is you would only get to spend 30 min by the time you got your stuff out and had to put it back up. Then one day the mood wasn't right and I would suck and mess it up and I hate drawing portraits to! Never could get the nose right.

Are you using colored pencil on the snake? You should try pen and ink if you haven't, thou it's not much for blending, just good black and whites or primaries.

Spider Woman

Back to top Go down

Post  snakefreak Tue May 17, 2011 11:11 pm

Spider Woman wrote:Ya, If I start something I want to finish it right then, even if it took hours. Thats one thing I hated about class is you would only get to spend 30 min by the time you got your stuff out and had to put it back up. Then one day the mood wasn't right and I would suck and mess it up and I hate drawing portraits to! Never could get the nose right.

Are you using colored pencil on the snake? You should try pen and ink if you haven't, thou it's not much for blending, just good black and whites or primaries.
Yes, that was with colored pencils. Honestly I never have used pen and ink. I need to give that a try some time!
snakefreak
snakefreak

Back to top Go down

Post  tandy Wed May 18, 2011 6:50 am

Beautiful! Please keep posting pics of your work.

Tandy
tandy
tandy

Back to top Go down

Post  Casey Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:41 pm

Looks great!!
Casey
Casey

Back to top Go down

Post  snakefreak Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:50 pm