OCHS Member Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

9-1-1 on Three-Toed Boxy

Go down

9-1-1 on Three-Toed Boxy Empty 9-1-1 on Three-Toed Boxy

Post  tandy Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:54 am

Hello all. I have been working on a three-toed boxy rescue for a couple of weeks and a rehabber in the Tulsa area finally received the turtle and her evaluation is not of the healthy turtle we were expecting. She said it has no tail, has an overgrown beak, and its nails are 1+ inches long, and may have a calcium deficiency. The story goes that it has been in captivity for 19 years (7 years at its most recent home). The lady that took it in is a rehabber only and cannot permanently maintain the turtle. It was on a bad diet as well and she's had some trouble getting it to eat but we discussed some options this morning that may coax it to eat better. I'm sure the beak is not helping with that.

Is anyone willing to take on the care of this turtle? I have not seen it myself but I believe the rehabber made an honest assessment of a "sad little turtle."

If no one can take it in, is anyone going to be traveling that way to possibly do a pick up for me? I know she's in the Tulsa area but don't have the details yet.

I can be reached via email at tkeenan@oklahomaparks.com, at the office at 580-621-3381, or by cell at 580-334-9350.

P.S. If someone is interested that does not have the proper state permits (since it is a native species), I will transfer ownership from myself so you are legal.
Thanks! Tandy
tandy
tandy

Back to top Go down

9-1-1 on Three-Toed Boxy Empty Three-toed Boxy

Post  tandy Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:43 pm

He has a home and transportation. Thanks!
tandy
tandy

Back to top Go down