OCHS Member Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bark Control things

4 posters

Go down

Bark Control things Empty Bark Control things

Post  Spider Woman Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:32 am

Does anyone know if the new electronic things thats supposed to be a bark control for dogs are safe for snakes and spiders? I know they really can't hear but whatever kind of frequency it gives off for the dogs to hear us humans don't hear it. I'm about to pop the head off one of my dogs that keeps waking us up at night if I don't do something. But I don't want to make my other animals go crazy with it.

If anyone knows? I might call Dr. Minson!

Spider Woman

Back to top Go down

Bark Control things Empty Re: Bark Control things

Post  gatsu7 Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:58 am

Definitely shouldn't be a problem for snakes, and I don't think it would be a problem for spiders either. Checking with Dr. Minson would still be a good idea though.
gatsu7
gatsu7

https://ochs.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Snakeman Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:59 pm

"I'm about to pop the head off one of my dogs"

Robin,

Do I need to call PETA and report you ????? Wink
Snakeman
Snakeman

Back to top Go down

Post  tandy Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:46 pm

I wouldn't recommend the bark controllers. I would look at the underlying problem with the dog. Dogs bark for a reason (yes, you all even the little nippy ankle biters but I don't know what Robin has). When does he bark? Is there a pattern? A bark control device is kind of like putting a Band-Aid on a leaking dam. If you're ready to rip his head off, it's time to find the cause. LOL. Let me know if I can help in any way. Excessive barking can be due to stress, boredom, noises we can't hear, etc.
As always, just my two cents worth.
Tandy
tandy
tandy

Back to top Go down

Post  Spider Woman Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:54 pm

Larry, You might have to before this is all over Laughing

Tandy, I have 6 dogs from little to huge. The one that starts most of it is a little mix that has some pom or chu in her. She is not stressed, overly hyper or really yappy at all. But if she hears the tinest thing she will start in and won't shut up and it's always at night, the daytime doesn't bother her. One of my son's comes home at about 3:30 in the morning and she starts in like the boogie man is coming. I kinda "rescued" her and have had her for probably a year now. You'd think she would be used to the middle of the night issue. My Rot and German Shep and even the blue healer mix doesn't bark like her. Even when we are still up and its dark outside she will start in.

I had also picked up a weinerimer (sp) a few month ago that was skin and bones and feed him till he is a little overweight now. I need to put him on craigslist and see if I can get him rehomed. I don't really need six dogs but I couldn't leave him out there looking like a skeleton. My German Shepard does not like him very well and will start fights.

I might have to put them both on craigslist instead of just one!

Any ideas would be great. I had planned on keeping the little one but like I said. For my health and hers.......

Spider Woman

Back to top Go down

Post  tandy Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:55 pm

It would be difficult to say for sure without seeing the situation first hand, but it could be a hypersensitive issue and most dogs can be conditioned to overcome it. Some dogs are insecure of being a little fish in a big pond of bigger fish so to speak. If you want to talk about it, pm me and I'll give you my cell #. Tandy
tandy
tandy

Back to top Go down

Post  tandy Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:01 pm

Robin,
I sent you a PM on the 6th. I wasn't sure if you didn't get it or just haven't been back on here yet. I've had some issues with PMs going through. Let me know.

Tandy
tandy
tandy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum