OCHS Member Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super Giants coming mid to late summer.....

4 posters

Go down

Super Giants coming mid to late summer..... Empty Super Giants coming mid to late summer.....

Post  PatHigdon Mon May 23, 2011 9:05 am

Well, I wasn't plannin on spending any money this weekend. Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, Lori and I found ourselves at David Bakers house Saturday afternoon. We were there to get some small mealies for the baby geckos and left with mealies and his last female Tremper Super Giant Albino Leopard Gecko.

Super Giants coming mid to late summer..... 100_4854
Super Giants coming mid to late summer..... 100_4855

I weighed and measured her yesterday. She is 90 grams & a smidgen over 10 inches long (the male is 125 grams & over 11 inches long). Introduced her to my male yesterday afternoon and wouldn't you know, love was in the air almost immediately. So we should see some eggs in about a month or so, HOPEFULLY!!!!!
PatHigdon
PatHigdon

Back to top Go down

Super Giants coming mid to late summer..... Empty Re: Super Giants coming mid to late summer.....

Post  Zak Mon May 23, 2011 9:36 am

Do they breed all year round? Or is there a season?
Zak
Zak

Back to top Go down

Super Giants coming mid to late summer..... Empty Re: Super Giants coming mid to late summer.....

Post  PatHigdon Mon May 23, 2011 11:05 am

ZakO wrote:Do they breed all year round? Or is there a season?

Some breeders will breed them year round. But its best to give them a rest period for a few months. By the end of a breeding season, a female can easly loose a third of her weight (or more) do to egg production. I prefer to give my girls a break, that way they can replenish themselves and have a break from the male.

Since both of my Super G's are "virgins" all I had to do was introduce them together. I will continue to pair them up over the next couple weeks, should see eggs in 3-5 weeks at the earliest.
PatHigdon
PatHigdon

Back to top Go down

Post  Jumper Mon May 23, 2011 12:07 pm

PatHigdon wrote:

I weighed and measured her yesterday. She is 90 grams & a smidgen over 10 inches long (the male is 125 grams & over 11 inches long).

And she is only 8 months old...still got some growing to do. Very Happy
Jumper
Jumper

Back to top Go down

Post  Zak Mon May 23, 2011 1:34 pm

PatHigdon wrote:
ZakO wrote:Do they breed all year round? Or is there a season?

Some breeders will breed them year round. But its best to give them a rest period for a few months. By the end of a breeding season, a female can easly loose a third of her weight (or more) do to egg production. I prefer to give my girls a break, that way they can replenish themselves and have a break from the male.

Since both of my Super G's are "virgins" all I had to do was introduce them together. I will continue to pair them up over the next couple weeks, should see eggs in 3-5 weeks at the earliest.
Wow everything seems to happen so fast with these little guys. I sure hope Amanda tries to breed hers one day. What do you use for an incubator?
Zak
Zak

Back to top Go down

Post  PatHigdon Mon May 23, 2011 1:36 pm

A minifrig thats had all the cooling stuff taken out and heat tape & thermostat put in it.
PatHigdon
PatHigdon

Back to top Go down

Post  Cameron Mon May 23, 2011 3:36 pm

they sure do go fast. i had 3 females and one male, i put them together right after i got them and every single female laid 3 clutches of 2 eggs. i was covered with baby leo's. not as much as pat is going to be though....
Cameron
Cameron

http://www.redearthexotics.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Zak Mon May 23, 2011 4:13 pm

I wish snakes went that fast.
Zak
Zak

Back to top Go down

Post  Cameron Mon May 23, 2011 4:31 pm

dude, if they did, we would all have snakes coming out of our ears.
Cameron
Cameron

Back to top Go down

Post  Zak Mon May 23, 2011 4:46 pm

True. Wouldn't be a bad thing. I could use a few more.
Zak
Zak

Back to top Go down

Post  PatHigdon Tue May 24, 2011 6:56 am

Cam is right. You would have snakes comin out your ears for sure. And yes, that could be a bad thing.

Cam, right now I am sitting at 15 babies, 7 pairs still cookin, female Albino AFT that is due to drop more eggs anytime and now the Super G's.

Now if the people that said they would buy baby Leos from me would do so, I'd be in better shape. Rolling Eyes
PatHigdon
PatHigdon

Back to top Go down

Post  Cameron Tue May 24, 2011 8:52 am

what are your giants going to go for?
Cameron
Cameron

Back to top Go down

Post  PatHigdon Tue May 24, 2011 9:21 am

Cameron wrote:what are your giants going to go for?

Sent you a PM.
PatHigdon
PatHigdon

Back to top Go down

Post  Cameron Tue May 24, 2011 11:57 am

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Cool
Cameron
Cameron

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down