OCHS Member Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New 2.5 Gallon Arboreal Tarantula Cages

5 posters

Go down

New 2.5 Gallon Arboreal Tarantula Cages Empty New 2.5 Gallon Arboreal Tarantula Cages

Post  gatsu7 Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:28 pm

I have an A. versicolor and a C. cyanopubescens (Green Bottle Blue) that have outgrown their acrylic cages, so I bought a couple of 2.5 gallon tanks and modified them for these arboreal/semi-arboreal species.

Here they are:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I attached a piece of wood to the tops and screwed some turn locks into them to keep the lids shut. The lids are acrylic from Lowe's that have been cut to fit the tanks. The hinges are just super-glued onto the acrylic (seems to work really well). One of the air holes cracked a little when I was drilling it, so that cage would not be symetrical enough for Larry, but I'm okay with it Laughing .

They each have hide tunnels for the spiders to get into and plenty of artificial plants to make their web canopies on.

Close up of the locks. I think they turned out pretty good for being jury-rigged.
gatsu7
gatsu7

https://ochs.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

New 2.5 Gallon Arboreal Tarantula Cages Empty Re: New 2.5 Gallon Arboreal Tarantula Cages

Post  sbender99 Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:23 pm

I see your frozen in time fingerprints from super glue! LOL I have OCD issues as well. Very Happy

Looks awesome... what is the background and hides made out of?
sbender99
sbender99

http://www.ballpythoncafe.com

Back to top Go down

New 2.5 Gallon Arboreal Tarantula Cages Empty Re: New 2.5 Gallon Arboreal Tarantula Cages

Post  gatsu7 Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:40 pm

The fingerprints were just silicone. I wiped them off. The background is the Crab Island Climbing Background that has been in the raffle like 4 times with everyone refusing to take it each time LOL. Larry was the last to win it, so I just asked if he would give it to me, and I found a use for it. I cut it into pieces and used silicone to stick it to the tanks.
gatsu7
gatsu7

Back to top Go down

Post  Snakeman Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:49 pm

REALLY NICE Michael.
Snakeman
Snakeman

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryan Arens Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:14 pm

Those look really great Michael.
Bryan Arens
Bryan Arens

Back to top Go down

Post  snakefreak Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:15 pm

Great job! They look fantastic! Very Happy
snakefreak
snakefreak

Back to top Go down

Post  gatsu7 Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:12 pm

Thanks everyone. I moved the spiders in today. It is always fun re-housing tarantulas. You never know what they are going to do LOL. The versicolor slowly walked into the new cage, then freaked out and ran up the side, then she calmed down again. The GBB, tried to bite the tongs I was using to prod it into the cage, then flicked a few hairs at me and walked in calmly. Goofy bugs.

Versicolor:

GBB:
gatsu7
gatsu7

Back to top Go down

Post  snakefreak Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:37 pm

WOW! Great looking Ts!
snakefreak
snakefreak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down