OCHS Member Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recent rescue

4 posters

Go down

Recent rescue Empty Recent rescue

Post  stormdas Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:32 am

While vending at the Arlington show I had a gentleman come to my table and say that he had a ball python that he no longer wanted because it would strike and hiss at him. I told him I would take a look at it and see if I could do anything. After looking at it I decided that it would be better coming home with me. I got it out of the bag it was in and found alot of heat rock burns and rat bites. The gentleman said that the ball would lay next to the rock for hours and would not move. I then asked about the rat bites and he told me that it recently lost a fight with a rat and for some reason would no longer eat. I took this poor ball home and first thing got a vet appointment and got it looked over as well as sexed. We got a clear health check(besides the burns and bites) and found out that I now had another female. Ever since I got her home I have not been struck at once, she enjoys hanging out on my lap, and is curious about everything that's going on around her tub. As a vicious snake that hated being handled she lets me put her cream on her without any blood loss. As for feeding she still getting use to FT rats but hasn't missed a meal yet.
I get upset with people that mistreat animals but I am glad there are people that know when they are in trouble and seek help or a new home for their animals. Well that's my rant and here's a couple pics of the new girl. I am trying to come up with a name so suggestions are welcomed.
Recent rescue E7fa8ef3

Recent rescue A411611f

stormdas

Back to top Go down

Recent rescue Empty Re: Recent rescue

Post  Snakeman Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:49 am

Well done.
Snakeman
Snakeman

Back to top Go down

Post  tandy Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:16 am

Snakeman wrote:Well done.

Ditto that. Thanks for all you've done for her-I'd call her "Lucky." Very Happy

Tandy
tandy
tandy

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul White Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:32 am

How about Persephone?

Good job Smile Sorry for that poor girl.

Paul White

Back to top Go down

Post  tandy Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:15 pm

How's this girl doing?

Tandy
tandy
tandy

Back to top Go down

Post  stormdas Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:25 pm

Isis is doing great. She is still a little timid but she is handable and eats whenever offered. The burns and bites are healing well. I'm thinking of bringing her to the Shawnee show. Tandy if you want to use her on your table to show the effects of bad husbandry let me know.

stormdas

Back to top Go down

Post  tandy Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:29 pm

stormdas wrote:Isis is doing great. She is still a little timid but she is handable and eats whenever offered. The burns and bites are healing well. I'm thinking of bringing her to the Shawnee show. Tandy if you want to use her on your table to show the effects of bad husbandry let me know.

That would be great to use her as an example and I love the name. I'm glad she's doing well.

Tandy
tandy
tandy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down