It was a good turtle

View previous topic View next topic Go down

It was a good turtle

Post  okie alice on Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:59 pm

Stumpy, the two-legged, three-toed box turtle passed away several days ago. He was in the big tortoise pen after his stock tank flooded and I found him dead a couple of days later. He was a pleasure to have for several years after someone rescued him/her from a apartment complex yard. Thanks, Bryan & Tammie, for passing the critter on to me and I'm sad that he/she is gone.
okie alice

Back to top Go down

Re: It was a good turtle

Post  tandy on Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:34 am

Sorry to hear about Stumpy, Alice. Lucky for him he found turtle heaven several years BEFORE he died. LOL.

Tandy

tandy

Back to top Go down

Post  okie alice on Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:07 am

It has not been a good time for my turtles. The African mud turtle died also. I partly filled one of the pond forms with water and thought it would give the turtle more room than a 20-gal. glass tank. I found him yesterday with swollen tissue coming out his shell. The only thing I can think of is the water was too cold for this species. He lived in room temp. or warmer water in the house but I guess night time temp. made the outside habitat too cold. I feel terribly guilty about these two losses.
Good news, the redfoot torts and the 2 baby box turtles are doing fine.
In other news: For those who haven't heard one of the Galapegos torts at the OKC Zoo died. Her name was Tortilla and she had liver failure. She was the one who would sneak up and try to nip you when you weren't looking. She and I developed a truce and I was even able to scratch her neck and shoulder area. R.I.P. Tortilla.
okie alice

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top