OCHS Member Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cgd needed and supplemental cricket feeding qustions

3 posters

Go down

cgd needed and supplemental cricket feeding qustions  Empty cgd needed and supplemental cricket feeding qustions

Post  cartwright.glen Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:31 am

anyone know were i can get some cgd today in the okc are

had planed on getting it at the show this weekend but the few i asked didnt have it in stock

A.A is closed and i think the guys at four paws in shawnee might have some but thats a little to far even if they are open

as far as crickets go what type of powders do you guys\gals use viteaman supplement, calcium, calcium with d3

thanks for the help

cartwright.glen

Back to top Go down

cgd needed and supplemental cricket feeding qustions  Empty Re: cgd needed and supplemental cricket feeding qustions

Post  Sylvias Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:56 pm

You can get the little canisters of CGD at petco and petsmart but they are way over priced compared to the bags you can get at shows usually, but if ya need it ya need it.
i use Rep-cal herptivite and calcium supplements for my dragon. The cresties get insects so rarely though i usually don't even bother to dust em when they get em.
Sylvias
Sylvias

http://sylviasserpentine.com

Back to top Go down

cgd needed and supplemental cricket feeding qustions  Empty Re: cgd needed and supplemental cricket feeding qustions

Post  cartwright.glen Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:02 pm

pets mart carries some sort of bites for crested geckos which looks like food for crickets
haven't used it before

thanks i forgot to check out petco

cartwright.glen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sylvias Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:21 pm

ew yeah...petco carries those Flukers things as well..like kibble for cresties.... haven't talked to a single person that's used it but just looking at the ingredients tells me it's useless.... i see no reason to stray from the tried and tested repashy formula.
Sylvias
Sylvias

http://sylviasserpentine.com

Back to top Go down

Post  thebluejackal Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:23 pm

If you need a quick feed just for a day, you can always squish up some fresh mango or banana. I used the last of my CGD on Friday, but I also have a bag of a powdered fruit mix I got from pangea.com. I'm gonna give them some of that tonight, then they'll get their usual roaches on Wednesday, and I'll have some new CGD by Friday.

The Repashy, Clarks, and T-Rex CGD are the only way to go. The rest of the stuff on the market sucks as a main diet for them.

You also don't have to change it every day. My guys are fed only on M, W, F, and I have one insanely overweight girl that only gets fed twice a week. She's a fatty fat fat mcfat with more fat and tops over 45g for not being an especially large gecko. Her fat rolls hang over her little toes and she cleans any dish I put in for her.

Don't use babyfood either . . . there's too much added sugar.

thebluejackal

Back to top Go down

Post  thebluejackal Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:06 pm

Also, I didn't answer the calcium question . . .

I want to say that Allen Repashy recommends calcium with D3 and includes it in many of his reptile diets. That's what I use to dust my dubia nymphs.

thebluejackal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum