OCHS Member Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cobalt Blue

3 posters

Go down

Cobalt Blue Empty Cobalt Blue

Post  tandy Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:34 am

I have a friend that is interested in a cobalt blue. Everything I've ever read about them is that they're typically skittish and/or aggressive and I've never heard of an individual that did not fit that profile. I've even heard several keepers call them "psycho" for lack of a better way to describe them.

Also, it seems that although they are stunningly beautiful, you don't get to see them very often since they are deep burrowers that like high humidity and do not make a very good "display" animals.

Does anyone have any experience with them? I can't remember their binomial name at the moment, sorry. I've seen a few but have never kept or even worked with them.

Tandy
tandy
tandy

Back to top Go down

Cobalt Blue Empty Re: Cobalt Blue

Post  Cameron Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:49 pm

i have never kept them, for the very reason you mentioned in your post. i don't want a pet hole.
Cameron
Cameron

http://www.redearthexotics.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tandy Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:18 am

LOL. That's what I was thinking too. I hope she can make it down to the show in October and look at some others.

Tandy
tandy
tandy

Back to top Go down

Post  HoboAustin Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:00 pm

I love my pethole/ Haplopelma lividum. They usually are quick to throw up a defense stance and bite. Also known to bite first and ask questions later. If your friend does end up getting one, good luck on sighting it every once in a while Smile
HoboAustin
HoboAustin

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001392171847

Back to top Go down

Post  tandy Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:14 am

HoboAustin wrote:I love my pethole/ Haplopelma lividum. They usually are quick to throw up a defense stance and bite. Also known to bite first and ask questions later. If your friend does end up getting one, good luck on sighting it every once in a while Smile

Thanks. She decided against it for the reasons you mentioned. She's used to our Oklahoma Browns and Rose Hairs. Laughing

Tandy
tandy
tandy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down