OCHS Member Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My routine...

2 posters

Go down

My routine... Empty My routine...

Post  tandy Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:30 pm

Because of my rescue work, I only keep two or three permanent snake residents. However, my husband and I also have two horses, a mule, two dogs, two parrots, and of course whatever I have come into rescue. My permament snakes residents are a 7' boa, Boshe, and the coolest little western hognose I've ever had.

I spend about an hour a day on average just changing water, feeding, morning and evening, but I spend a minimum of 3 hours a day with my birds out of their cages. We also exercise the dogs daily and should do more with the horses and mule than we have been.

My day may change with a phone call. I may go from no rescues to several and some that need ICU-type care where I may check on or treat them every few minutes around the clock or drive for hours for a pick up/drop off. It can make for some long days, but it's worth it.

Thanks to all who have posted here; there is some great, REAL WORLD, info. listed.

Tandy
tandy
tandy

Back to top Go down

My routine... Empty Re: My routine...

Post  tandy Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:40 am

I forgot to mention that we probably spend an average of $200 a month on feeding, caging, preventive medications, etc. that does not include vet visits and incidentals that always seem to come up, but we maintain an emergency fund for us and for the animals in our care for that reason.

Tandy
tandy
tandy

Back to top Go down

My routine... Empty You rock!

Post  Chu'Wuti Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:33 pm

Tandy, I haven't been keeping up with the forum posts much, but I was exploring tonight and found this. Your dedication and care for animals are inspiring. Thank you so much for sharing your story.

Sandy

Chu'Wuti

Back to top Go down

My routine... Empty Re: My routine...

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum